clutch problem

whippet

hi again all, my next problem is the clutch aint disengaging properly making it difficult to engage gear when stopped

and equally difficult going down the box. clutch not slipping, have seen not fluid from the bell housing, master cyl perhaps? any help gratefully received

Probably the Concentric Slave Cylinder, they tend to lose effectiveness and the biting point becomes very low. Try changing the Master Cylinder first tho because it's much cheaper and easier. You can bleed the clutch on a TD4, but if the CCS is knackered then the benefit will only last a few days before it goes back the way it was. If it's the CCS, it's a complete new clutch I'm afraid.

cheers squaddie, errm dont laugh when bleeding the clutch do you top up the master cyl, mine has a rubber seal not a screw top its just iv never seen a master cyl like this before :blush: did an oil change last week saw no fluid from bell housing thanks for the help