Tyre Pressures

JonT

Good evening , all

As a new Freelander owner, I wonder if anyone could help me with a little information.

I have recently purchased a 2001 Freelander TD4, and have fitted a set of 205/75 - 15 General Grabber AT2's - according to my Haynes manual, the correct tyre pressures for the car are 26psi under normal running, 30 psi under full load or towing.

Will this still be correct for the tyres which I have fitted ??

many thanks for all and any replies

JonT

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the whole laden tyre pressure thing.

Surely Boiles Law dictates that as the volume is fixed, adding more pressure will only make a small rise in air temperature, which will either be negliable or will surely dissipate over time into the atmosphere?

We run our Freelander at 32psi all round as we like the slightly firmer tyre, and it doesn't really show any tyre wear unevenness at that pressure. We have BFG ATs on the Canel and they prefer to be run at about 4-6pdi higher than the standard pressure for any car, so we run those at 34 all the time - found 36 at bit too firm in conjunction with the stiffer suspension.

Cheers

Blippie

• 5 years later...