Warning lights.

KEITHB252

My amber warning lights for HDC,ABS AND TC are on most of the time,they went out yesterday but back on today.I have checked the stop light switch and the wiring on the HDC switch.Other than the fact they are there how do i check them.?Also where is the ABS sensor and how do i check that.I have a 2001 GS 1.8.Thank you.

You need a diagnostic tool which can read the error codes.

The normal procedure is that you would see what codes are there, then reset them, and then see what code(s) comes back.

My company make one which does the Teves Mk25 as found on my wife's year 2002 Freelander, but I can't say for sure whether it will work on yours. Freelander 1s can have Wabco, Teves Mk20 or Teves Mk25 and the change over was about 2001.

If you happen to be near me North or West of London M25 area I would be happy to have a look as it would help development of the tool.

Otherwise you will need to find a mechanic with a good diagnostic tool near you who can/will read the codes.