300 tdi Viscous fan removal

Ryan

Very shortly, I will be replacing the radiator on my 1994 300tdi Discovery. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the viscous fan nut comes in two flavours. Any idea which one I need? Or will it be a matter of buy both and take back the one that doesn't fit?

Might be wrong, sure someone will say, but i think its a 32 flavour, if it is, i think i have one that you could borrow, if that helps, save buying one?

Cheers, can you bring it along on Thursday and I can see if it will fit?

Sorry, it would have helped if I'd worded my query correctly in the first place - I was just after the spanner size. Thanks for the replies, hopefull Mr Finger will be the supply of said item tonight.

A 'normal' 32mm spanner will not fit unless you grind it to make it thinner. I thought this was a bit of a waste of a good spanner so used a bit of old leaf spring - a couple of cuts with an angle grinder and I have a perfect 'special tool'.

A 'normal' 32mm spanner will not fit unless you grind it to make it thinner. I thought this was a bit of a waste of a good spanner so used a bit of old leaf spring - a couple of cuts with an angle grinder and I have a perfect 'special tool'.

Not many leaf springs on a Discovery though.... :P