Td4 conked out and won't start, please help

kudlinski

Help!

My fathers freelander has just conked out on the a14 and is being recovered. Car just lost power and coasted to a stop and wnt restart. Fuel is getting through to the engine bay and it isn't throughing any fault codes.

Would the high pressure pump just fail with no warning? The car has only covered 70k and is religiously serviced. Any help would be greatly appreciated

dont shoot me for trying to teach gran to suck eggs, but does the engine turn over okay? is it trying to fire? have you got any noid lights? have you had chance to run any electrical diagnostic checks on various sensors, i.e. crank sensor cam? sensor?

Thanks for all your input guys. I managed to track down the problem which turned out to be the fuel rail pressure sensor wiring which wasnt seating correctly on the sensor. Was fun and games tracking the problem down least its sorted and my fathers a happy man