Tuner studio

Theviper1987

• 3 weeks later...

For starters what value is your req_fuel set to and whats your VE table like?

Also define in a bit more detail the statement "when I drive..." Is this afr seeen when you drive at a specific speed/load? all speed/loads? or just when you jab the throttle for example...

Right when I on tick over the a/f number is figure is 14.9 when when I drive the number dies to 9.00 then when I coast it pops back to 14.9 any ideas. Thanks

First question: Do you have a wideband lambda sensor fitted? If you don't (most likely) then IGNORE THE AFR NUMBER.

I'm no expert at all this but what seems to work for me;

Assuming it's a reliable reading if you have the fuel table up when your driving you'll see the little cursor zipping around. The number in the box is how much fuel it's putting at that moment based on rpm and engine load. If the afr is below 14.7 it's rich and above it's lean, so at 9 your rich and in theory you need to reduce the fuel in whatever cell it's in. However there may be times when you want it slightly rich or lean, for example

- I try to keep it a bit rich at the bottom end so that when i'm crawling over stuff there's a bit of fuel already there if I want it to sit up rather than putting my foot down and waiting for everything to react (although there is a setting somewhere which looks at how fast your tps changes and will kick in extra fuel straight away which if setup correctly might be a better way)

- I try to keep it a bit lean on over run so that I'm not chucking fuel down the exhaust or choking the plugs when I don't need to.

To be honest you could spend a lifetime trying to get the perfect setup but I just went for 'meh it seems to be running ok let move onto something else' :unsure: Afterall it's a baggy old rattly V8 :hysterical:

Right fixed the problem. Because I don't run with the lambda sensor in all the time. The plug was a bit iffy. Do I need to register with tuner studio to do an auto tune?? Or is there a way round it?? Iv tryed doing an auto tune with the mega tune and it doesn't seem to change anything.

I think the auto tune only works if you have the full version. I have the full version (it's not expensive and you get the updates at no additional cost) but have never used the auto tune myself. I found the narrowband to be misleading and mine has died now anyway. I have a wideband that can give a simulated narrowband output for megasquirt but i've never bothered wiring it to try the auto tune, I just look at the numbers and get it somewhere near.

To use auto tune in TS you need the full paid version,but it really is good well worth paying for, if you have a wideband sensor and controller then wire it up, but dont get it wet ie dunk it in a river or you will kill it, didn't take me long at all to get a real decent tune on mine using auto tune in ts and a lc-2, it will also work with a narrowband too but just takes longer.