Seven Sisters September

Lewis

Looks amazing from what I've seen, never made the trip myself. I thought the reason people hammered their cars on a Sunday afternoon was to save diesel on the way home with it on the back of a big yellow taxi?

Bit off topic but if you become a member at kirton you save on entry. Depends how many times you go a year but you can save a fair bit.

Did you go to watch the rampage? I was going to take a ride Sunday but didn't make it somehow. The videos look good though :)

Lewis - ask Dan & Rog, it's a long way to drive a japanese tank towing a pikey wagon but they keep coming back.

Also - this September we're going to try running a night route round the site on the Saturday. Nothing too mad as we don't want to be recovering cars from the five corners of the site at 3am but should be a bit different.

I've been 15 odd times I'm still finding new tracks and never get bored of it you can take anything from brand new to full challenge and both will have just as much fun. I set a photo challenge out for fun some you could do in a mini some you'll need 3 winches take your choice.

Mike

Sounds good mike, is there something along the lines of "guided tours"? I remember the first time I went to kirton we never would have found the best bits without dirtydiesel's local knowledge

Lewis, it's of equal distance to me (ashbourne)

If it helps maybe we could convoy there if we both decide we are going?

I'm up for that mate, are you actually going?

There are always groups going off for various adventures you can tag along with, also marshals are happy to lead you to places as they've got to bimble round anyway. You get a map of the site in the info pack, so bring a pen & you can ask the marshals at the signing-in to mark on interesting points.

Kit is purely based on how hard you want to play and whether you play in a group or on your own (we recommend two+). gps is handy if you've never been before or want to go to set positions. A cb is useful but you can live with a phone (you might have to walk for a signal) but No1 must have is a camera for lots and lots of pictures.

Mike

P.S. waterproofs and boots it is Wales afterall.

As Mike said - depends what you want to do. Wet weather gear is advisable, if you're in convoy or want to join a green-laning bimble round with a group then a CB is pretty handy.

GPS and/or Oziexplorer if you are really keen on doing the photo-punch-hunt with maximum efficiency.

If you're winching you MUST have gloves & winch blanket, no exceptions.

There's tea & coffee and portaloos on site all day, and many of us end up in the pub over the road (Gwyn Arms) for food rather than cooking in the campsite. The campsite has showers, washing up facilities, and electric hookups. There's a petrol station & tesco express down the road in Glyn Neath.

If you play hard or are the sort of person who turns up with a trailer loaded with spares then you'll likely be popular if you have a diff, CV, UJ/prop, steering bar/TRE and a bottle of EP90 in the pile - just going on the most common breakages, it's not a damaging site at all unless you deliberately play hard or foolishly follow Teresa :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Lewis, unfortunately (if I have the date correct, 26th september) I won't be able to make it this time as it falls on my graduation weekend (I know... how the hell I managed to graduate still baffles me!)

But having now been to the site I'm well up for it next time it's on!