Freelander 2 PROBLEMS

Scropton Man

I spoke too soon!!!!!!!!

I love my 3month old Freelander2 until yesterday!

I suspect I have problems with the electrics/computors, milage 3000

Navigator problems, making mistakes and unable to set POI

MPG showing car is doing 80 mpg(if only)

Stop/Start system, when stopped engine not cutting out

Wiper sensor not operating correctly

Lights set on Auto but this not happening

I have booked the car in on Jan.18th, they want it for at least 2days, I am having a loan Freelander whilst car being sorted

Any one had these problems?

David in Derbyshire

Sounds like an earthing or connector problem, luckily none of these problems have resulted in the vehicle being immobilised. I think cars are getting too complex and reliant on electronics these days. We had a visitor's VW toureg fail to start at work one evening, everything (lights, radio etc) worked except the starter was inoperable. The advice from a VW dealer was to disconnect the battery for ten seconds and let the system reboot. Sure enough it worked!

Did you know that you can still buy (new) old style defenders without electronics? They won't pass UK emission tests but they are the only ones that sell in Africa.

Sounds like an earthing or connector problem, luckily none of these problems have resulted in the vehicle being immobilised. I think cars are getting too complex and reliant on electronics these days. We had a visitor's VW toureg fail to start at work one evening, everything (lights, radio etc) worked except the starter was inoperable. The advice from a VW dealer was to disconnect the battery for ten seconds and let the system reboot. Sure enough it worked!

Did you know that you can still buy (new) old style defenders without electronics? They won't pass UK emission tests but they are the only ones that sell in Africa.

How old is the new model? (engine and shape wise, without the hump in the bonnet?)

I spoke too soon!!!!!!!!

I have booked the car in on Jan.18th, they want it for at least 2days, I am having a loan Freelander whilst car being sorted

David in Derbyshire

Mate had a problem with the auto lights he said LR had found that the cable connector (worth 49p) had broke some how, so it would have been a a real cheap fix if his car was out of warranty, his one is a 09 TD4 but but not the TD4e

I think that the problems described are too different to have a common cause, except the ECU which seems to do many things wrong, in the same time.

It is either a bad connection/earthing problem, or the car's computer needs a reset.

You're under warranty, otherwise I would also suggest to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Keep us informed!

I spoke too soon!!!!!!!!

David in Derbyshire

I think that the problems described are too different to have a common cause, except the ECU which seems to do many things wrong, in the same time.

It is either a bad connection/earthing problem, or the car's computer needs a reset.

You're under warranty, otherwise I would also suggest to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Keep us informed!

Will Do

David in Derbyshire

• 2 weeks later...

Only old stock ones now - they aren't still building them, stopped a couple of years back. I have a 2006 model year 110SW with a 300Tdi, fairly late in the production run, no electronics, alarm/immobiliser, nothing. Sadly no longer built :(