Hi lift jack mount

ibexman

I've never seen them in this country for sale except home made ones, do they look like this?

defender90_hi_lift_mount.gif

that is a safari guard model, I dont even think Hi-lift do them! Enough strain on those back door hinges as it is!! :unsure:

Thats what im after or something along those lines

Andy, Kaymar in Aus do them, someone in the UK probably carries their stuff , but with a couple of pics for inspiration, I don't think something like this would be too hard to cobble up, have a look on here.

Kaymar

user537id233pic2.jpg

Sorry for the choice of pic, first one I found :lol:

Cheers, Steve.

Have a look at:

Wizard

Have just looked on the website myself, and they are £35.

I think that he sometimes puts stuff on here. I have nothing to do with this guy, apart from buying a ground anchor and ground anchor spade mounting kit from him. His quality seems absolutely excellent, and I have had no problems getting bits from him -I sent money, and he sent parts - just the way you want it.

I saw his high lift jack mount when I went around to his house to pick up the ground anchor. I wouldn't want one, as I want my hi-lift inside the vehicle, but if I did want to mount it on the outside, I would definately buy his - it all seems very well thought out.

As I say, I have no connection to this bloke, apart from being a satisfied customer

(Cheque to the normal place, Mr. Wizard)

Have a look at these mounts below from the Australian company Kaymar. Popular over there. First is for universal placement:

jackmount2fi.jpg

Next is for mounting on spare wheel carrier:

jackholder3yf.gif

Both look a simple DIY job to fabricate. Lower item is largely a short piece of box section with a

backplate. Distributed in Europe by Outback Imports France - click here for email address.

Neil

Guest diesel_jim

sed to have one from terrain master. worked a treat, although: if you have a bearmach rear wheel carrier (don't know about other makes), the wheel is mounted "upside down" compared to the stock LR rear door mount...

explenation:

the LR door mount has the studs like this:

o

o o

and the bearmach is:

o o

o

as a result, the terrain master thingy is upside down. and a little "fettling" with Mr Angle grinder is called for.

failing that, mine nver failed to impress, although i never quite felt happy about the wing-nuts holding it in place... i used to crank mine up with pliers each time, to be sure to be sure...