LT230 ratio 2,25 petrol 110

A friend of mine is selling the LT230 coming from his '83 110 2,25 petrol. I'm looking for a good transferbox in the 1:4 flavour. I know where to look for the serial number and where to check if this is a 1:4. Problem is he can't find the serial number on the 2 standard places. Transfer box serial number location

Is there any other place to look for the number or is there an other way to find out which ratio it got.

Or what is the standard ratio for this car originally? (I know 110 2,25D en 2,5D were 1:6 but how about the petrol version??)

Thx for the input!

Cheers bowy

workshop manual says 1.667:1 for a 2.25 petrol engined vehicle

Western,

Is there any chance I can see which ratio it is by counting rotations or teeth or something. Because the guy who is selling it rang Ashcroft today and they said it's 1:4.......... :unsure:

Guest diesel_jim
Western,

Is there any chance I can see which ratio it is by counting rotations or teeth or something. Because the guy who is selling it rang Ashcroft today and they said it's 1:4.......... :unsure:

Why not mark the handbrake flange bit. and mark the input gear.

make a round disc out of cardboard, measure it off into 10 sections (each will be 36 degrees apart.... 10x36 = 360. a full circle)

turn the input gear once (making sure that the box is in high range and the difflock is in)

count how many revolutions the output flange does... either 1.4 or 1.6