novel way to offset carbon emissions by the Norwegians..

SteveG

in the times today there was a novel way to offset your carbon emmissions. It turns out that your average moose emits, in methane, the equivalent carbon emissions of your average car doing 8,000 miles.

Moose populations are growing in Norway, so if you drive about 15,000 miles per annum in a 4x4 simply take a flight to Norway shoot three Moose dead and you've now offset your carbon emissions for the flight there and back and your driving for the next year! :D:D

The article even had a quote from a Proffessor in Trondheim suggesting the same :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Guest diesel_jim
How much does the average vegetarian emit? (all them greens must mean its a fair bit)

Can we stay here and shoot them instead?

Will :)

or a rambliar?

or an MP?

woah.... imagine a vegetarian rambling MP? crikey, i could ecologically run a V8 for the rest of my life on that one!

(Or i could just ignore the new *carbon footprint* board meeting-type-sound bite, and just carry on driving my rover in total ignorance :D:D:D:D:D )

Someone of the radio was banging on about the methane emitted from cattle and that we should should stop eating meat so we wouldn't need so many cows.

I hold the view a cow farting in a field is less of an enironmental issue than a vegetarian farting on a bus.

in the times today there was a novel way to offset your carbon emmissions. It turns out that your average moose emits, in methane, the equivalent carbon emissions of your average car doing 8,000 miles.

Moose populations are growing in Norway, so if you drive about 15,000 miles per annum in a 4x4 simply take a flight to Norway shoot three Moose dead and you've now offset your carbon emissions for the flight there and back and your driving for the next year! :D:D

The article even had a quote from a Proffessor in Trondheim suggesting the same :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Maybe we should shoot all the politicians and put Moose in charge of running the countries.

Bill.

Does that not depend on whether you are on the bus or in the field???

Personally I think if you are daft enough to use public transport you deserve to do sat next to a farting vegetarian.

I would rather ride my bike than use public transport. In fact I used to ride to work (40mile round trip) sometimes if the car was in dock.

Will :)

Let's not forget one very important fact here. Vegetarianism is an option. People choose to abstain from meat.

A cow or sheep hasn't the choice to be here or not. And their life span is far shorter if we eat them.

Therefore, the vegetarians are voluntarily choosing to kill our planet.

And most of them are ramblers who read The Guardian; both further contributing to the loss of this planet.

And by virtue of being vegetarian and Guardian readers, they must also, by default, be gay.

And therefore their occupation must be either a politician or Big Brother contestant.