Longer studs

66gaza

Where can I get some from, how much longer are they? how easy/hard are they to fit? I used to have wolf wheels and just put up with the fact the studs were a little short but now have some performance TX alloys and the wheel is thicker again and the nuts that are specific to this wheel just don't go on enough threads for my liking. So do I just need a lump hammer or a big vice or do I need a press to change them? Thanks

Gaza

I got mine from Britpart....all 20 of them. They are about 15mm longer than standard ones and I have pictures to prove it.

Part number FRC7577. Sorry I can't recall the price from about four years ago though.

Fitting by way of a fly press is easiest as mentioned by Tonk.post-264-1194764341_thumb.jpg

PS. I'm sure Britpart supplied hundreds of similar ones in the past so you can buy with confidance knowing that they fit.

Those studs that Streaky has ^^^^ could be Series ones as their not in the electronic parts cat for Defenders.

I couldn't say Ralph. I bought the Wolf Rims from Britpart and asked them to supply the longer studs at the same time. My 130 was supposed to have the longer studs as standard but at some stage in it's life the axles were changes back to ones with shorter studs.

Now I've sold the 130 I managed to keep the wolf rims and have put them on the Discovery. The studs are not quite flush with the face of the wheel nut...but I think they'll hold. (so far so good anyway) When I get a few spare quid I'll be going with the longer studs again just for peice of mind.

S

Those studs that Streaky has ^^^^ could be Series ones as their not in the electronic parts cat for Defenders.

FRC7577 - They're the longer (heavy duty) Defender wheel studs - listed for Defender XD (Wolf), Armoured applications and 130 - BUT, they don't appear in EPC, Microcat or the Defender XD parts book :huh:

As far as I'm aware, the Heavy Duty 110, the 130 and the production XD (Wolf) all had (have) the standard wheel stud FRC5926 - and later - RUF000020 fitted.

A single FRC7577 from a Land Rover dealer will cost you £15.85 incl. VAT :o - A considerably cheaper BritPart version is available.

L. R. Series list the Genuine Part cheaper than a main dealer, as well as the BritPart version - http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listi...WHEEL-STUD.html

FRC7577-EXTENDED-WHEEL-STUD.jpg

Paul.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy