Heater Blower Relay

LDRover

• 4 weeks later...

The Relay is behiend a small panel by the throttle pedel as Lynall has said, and the relay is the first from the door with two thick white/green stripe wires and thin black and thin green wire going into it. when you turn the ING on you should feel a click.

white/green wires ING on + 12 volts

black wire eirth

green ing on + 12 volts

if thats OK it works and the fault is elsewhere.

Hi There, Above answers are correct the blower motor relay is behind drivers footwell side panel, below the main relay bank. The wire on your heater switch that is the direct feed from the battery to the heater blower is the white/light green. if this still doesnt work then connect a live straight to the blower itself. the colour of wire @ the blower is white/ grey. Regards

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone, i've just joined after doing a google search for my problem and it led me here. The 'official' LR site isn't interested unless you have a week old disco!

I have the same problem, '93 TDI with no heater blower. There is no apparent panel to remove in the footwell to the right of the throttle, just the whole trim panel, do I have to remove the whole thing? It just seems to be a silly thing to do! but then, so is having to remove the rear seat to change a bulb!.........lol

Many thanks.

Thanks,

Replaced the relay and I now have heat again.

Hi everyone, i've just joined after doing a google search for my problem and it led me here. The 'official' LR site isn't interested unless you have a week old disco!

I have the same problem, '93 TDI with no heater blower. There is no apparent panel to remove in the footwell to the right of the throttle, just the whole trim panel, do I have to remove the whole thing? It just seems to be a silly thing to do! but then, so is having to remove the rear seat to change a bulb!.........lol

Many thanks.

• 11 months later...

Have the same problem in a 1991 disco v8i.

Blower motor won't work and the relay is clicking when ign is turned on.

How hard is it to replace the blower motor???

Regards

Marty

From what I can see, it's a right pain. Centre console out and radio console out. The CC looks as if it will be fun to remove. Hoping that my relay replacement will fix it, I'll know on Wednesday.

Regards

Marty

From what I can see, it's a right pain. Centre console out and radio console out. The CC looks as if it will be fun to remove. Hoping that my relay replacement will fix it, I'll know on Wednesday.

Regards

Marty

Regards

Marty