2008 Range Rover Supercharged Workshop Manual

1080iAddict

Hi all,

New member. I hope to contribute to the Forum in the future.

Question: I just purchased a 2008 Range Rover Supercharged. I would like to obtain a Workshop Manual for reference, research into some A/V mods, etc. I was directed to the following site:

http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?opt...3&Itemid=29

At that site, the download I found was for the Rave CD 2 that covers the L322 Range Rover.

I downloaded the .ISO file, figured out how to access the data, etc., and this is exactly what I want. However...

Being this is my first Land Rover, my research shows that the ‘L322’ does, in fact, appear to be the latest Range Rover model - I think. I learned that the L322 came out in model year 2002. The workshop manual at that link definitely covers the L322 for 2002 up to model year 2005. I believe that while 2006+ Range Rovers are still considered L322 models, there were major refinements and changes, even though technically it’s still a L322. Am I right about this?

Anyway, the 2006+ modifications and changes are not covered in the manual link above. Nor could I find any other manuals on the internet after 2 hours of searching. Stuff like ‘some’ wiring diagrams, interior fittings, etc. are definitely different and do not match up with my 2008 model.

Lots of information is likely the same … but … lots of information has changed, like the interior fittings and some wirings.

Can you guys help me with a few questions:

1. Is the 2008 model year Rover still considered a L322?

2. If so, does anyone know if there are any addendums or other workshop manuals available to cover the 2008 model year? I would prefer free of course but I will purchase if someone provides me in the correct direction.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

You are correct, all Rangerovers from 2002 to current are known as L322. 2006+ vehicles changed from the BMW to the Jaguar derived petrol V8 engines (but kept the BMW Td6 diesel until 2007).

More importantly for you (as you mentioned A/V mods) is that most of the electrical architecture changed as well. 2006+ infotainment systems changed to a MOST based (fibre optic) communication protocol and gained a touchscreen, Denso DVD navigation system and uprated TV/DVD option amongst other things.

Lots of people discussing your age of vehicles audio systems on http://rangerovers.net/forum/

I can't help with workshop manuals or wiring diagrams at the moment because I'm on holiday, but can get hold of the relevant sections in the New Year if that helps?

Out of curiosity what A/V mods have you got planned? I've played around with lots of L322 infotainment systems in my time.

Dave

Hi all,

New member. I hope to contribute to the Forum in the future.

Question: I just purchased a 2008 Range Rover Supercharged. I would like to obtain a Workshop Manual for reference, research into some A/V mods, etc. I was directed to the following site:

http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?opt...3&Itemid=29

At that site, the download I found was for the Rave CD 2 that covers the L322 Range Rover.

I downloaded the .ISO file, figured out how to access the data, etc., and this is exactly what I want. However...

Being this is my first Land Rover, my research shows that the ‘L322’ does, in fact, appear to be the latest Range Rover model - I think. I learned that the L322 came out in model year 2002. The workshop manual at that link definitely covers the L322 for 2002 up to model year 2005. I believe that while 2006+ Range Rovers are still considered L322 models, there were major refinements and changes, even though technically it’s still a L322. Am I right about this?

Anyway, the 2006+ modifications and changes are not covered in the manual link above. Nor could I find any other manuals on the internet after 2 hours of searching. Stuff like ‘some’ wiring diagrams, interior fittings, etc. are definitely different and do not match up with my 2008 model.

Lots of information is likely the same … but … lots of information has changed, like the interior fittings and some wirings.

Can you guys help me with a few questions:

1. Is the 2008 model year Rover still considered a L322?

2. If so, does anyone know if there are any addendums or other workshop manuals available to cover the 2008 model year? I would prefer free of course but I will purchase if someone provides me in the correct direction.

Thanks,

Adam

Dbartle9 is clearly more in touch with the L322 detail than I am, but the RAVE disc you have from Green Oval is the last of the line as regards information in that CD format.

After about 2003, Land Rover moved over to on-line information via the LR Technical Reference.

Start here http://www.landrovertechinfo.com/extlrprod/market.jsp

Reflecting current Consumer legislation this is available to 'everyone' with Internet access.

You have to pay, but it isn't excessive, especially if you plan ahead, take out short term membership, then download 'everything' onto your PC. Someone may have published downloaded details on the Internet, but as most vehicles are covered by guarantee, with only a small amount of personal owners getting hands on, I'm not surprised no-one has bothered yet.

As I run an older model I don't have to do this, so all I can give is a general principle. You will probably find more detail by Searching in the http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewforum...cc09805f1748f11 that David Bartle mentions. Again, I don't bother browsing that, so you will have to make your own judgement.

HTH.

Thanks guys. I am familiar with the Forum you mentioned (and I registered) and I also found this morning (before I saw your posts) the LR technical forum. I paid for a one month membership to that site and I looked around and will download lots of stuff (well, I will download the entire thing!!).

I received the answer to my question by reading the electrical circuits and connectors on that LR tech site. What I wanted to do (past tense is not a grammatical mistake) is install a car pc with as much OEM as possible. Looks like this will not happen. There is no easy way to pipe video into the OEM touch screen display nor is there an easy way to tap the serial touch interface. Its all MOST, Can Bus, etc. This vehicle has more electronics than avionics on an aircraft.

The only way to accomplish my project would be to tap into MOST and the various buses for a completely automated solution. This is WAY above my head. I mean, I can read the schematics and pin outs and such.... but i am not writing software and drivers and building hardware bus interfaces. Well, not yet at least :-)

Thanks for the info...

Adam

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys. I am familiar with the Forum you mentioned (and I registered) and I also found this morning (before I saw your posts) the LR technical forum. I paid for a one month membership to that site and I looked around and will download lots of stuff (well, I will download the entire thing!!).

I received the answer to my question by reading the electrical circuits and connectors on that LR tech site. What I wanted to do (past tense is not a grammatical mistake) is install a car pc with as much OEM as possible. Looks like this will not happen. There is no easy way to pipe video into the OEM touch screen display nor is there an easy way to tap the serial touch interface. Its all MOST, Can Bus, etc. This vehicle has more electronics than avionics on an aircraft.

The only way to accomplish my project would be to tap into MOST and the various buses for a completely automated solution. This is WAY above my head. I mean, I can read the schematics and pin outs and such.... but i am not writing software and drivers and building hardware bus interfaces. Well, not yet at least :-)

Thanks for the info...

Adam

I too, like (the other) Dave have spent quite some time playing around with the Infotainment System in L322's.

You mention that you had wish (past tense) a car pc, whilst keeping as much of the OEM as possible - I'm quite interested to know what aspects of the car pc features would would be wishing to use (over and above what the standard OEM system can do).

I'm guessing the idea was to be able to use the screen in the vehicle as the car pc screen and use the touch aspect of it as an input to the car pc..

Dave

CANbus is an industrial standard, there's loads of info out there and the bits are readily available from the likes of RS, you may be able to make your PC talk to your car without too much faffing about.

I have no idea about MOST and how feasible that is to interfere with, although I do have an arc-fusion fibre-optic splicer should the need arise ;)

CANbus is an industrial standard, there's loads of info out there and the bits are readily available from the likes of RS, you may be able to make your PC talk to your car without too much faffing about.

I have no idea about MOST and how feasible that is to interfere with, although I do have an arc-fusion fibre-optic splicer should the need arise ;)

For a general overview of MOST see here

and in order to interfere with MOST, you will need to either have an optical spliter or link lead of some sort - plug it into some like this connect to your laptop (well desktop will work as well - but a little awkward for carrying around in the car) and then you are interfered.

How you talk to the car - and whether the rest of the MOST Bus would understand you is a completely different question.