• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dj_stoobin

dj_stoobin

• New Faces
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:45 PM

I recently bought some side steps (part no. STC7940) for my freebie second hand but they didn't come with and brackets or fixings to attach them. Before buying them I rang my local dealer and asked if I could order them in and they said sure so I bought the steps. When the parts came in I found that that the dealer was trying to sell me a "fixing kit" which was basically a box of assorted nuts and bolts for 60!!! I told them to stick it but now I'm stuck with no way to attach my steps. Has anyone any idea how I could get hold of some brackets and fixings for these steps as I have hit a dead end?
Thanks a lot!

#2 andy d

andy d

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

I recently bought some side steps (part no. STC7940) for my freebie second hand but they didn't come with and brackets or fixings to attach them. Before buying them I rang my local dealer and asked if I could order them in and they said sure so I bought the steps. When the parts came in I found that that the dealer was trying to sell me a "fixing kit" which was basically a box of assorted nuts and bolts for 60!!! I told them to stick it but now I'm stuck with no way to attach my steps. Has anyone any idea how I could get hold of some brackets and fixings for these steps as I have hit a dead end?
Thanks a lot!

I'm sure I see a set for sale from an ebay shop a couple of days ago, can't remember which one as I was just browsing and didn't pay too much attention, might have been powerful.uk (I think that's the name).

Hope this helps

#3 dj_stoobin

dj_stoobin

• New Faces
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

I'm sure I see a set for sale from an ebay shop a couple of days ago, can't remember which one as I was just browsing and didn't pay too much attention, might have been powerful.uk (I think that's the name).

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I've used powerful before but I think it's just a fixing tool they sell. Their stuff is mostly 3rd party anyway. If anyone does see a set could they send me the link. It would be most helpful. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users