Help!! Heated windscreen

gpm1707

Just fitted a heated winscreen on my TD5 S put in the switch and the relay, but still the screen will not work. checked the power at the relay I have power but there is no earth. Does the BCU need programming to make it work?

Looking at the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual, the Pink/Orange and the Purpl/Grey wires both go to the BCU. The Red+Brown wire that you might be getting the positive feed on is for the light?

If you need the circuit diagram I could scan and send it to you if that would help. But if it's all wired in correctly then it would suggest that the BCU needs programming.

As a side note, the heated front screen has two elements, a left and a right. Didn't know that.

Sorry cant help you with getting it going, but I was thinking this morning that I would liek a heated screen in my Td5 S.

Do you mind if I ask how much it risked you and where you got it?

Devon 4x4 have a kit for sale on there web site for the wiring and relay etc. as for the screen i don't no where from.

• 1 year later...