MJ/MS parts ??

jonost24

Hi guys,

Just trying to gather a few parts for MJ/MS.

I've just bought EDIS 8 inc harness

I need 2 Ford coilpacks & leads - Can these come off any Ford engine ie 1.4/1.8/2.0 Zetec ?

Trigger wheel 36:1 - What is the OD for the RV8 ? Any specifics regarding bore & mounting holes ? Am I right in thinking you can buy a brand new Ford transit one ? If so, what would the Part No be ?

VR sensor - I think I've got this with the EDIS 8, it states...... "EDIS-8 Ignition Module with very long wiring harness and SPOUT plug to set timing. User friendly, easy to mount, VR sensor with wireing harness (pigtail) used in a Megasquirt Megajolt System. These are the first and most important parts of the setup. The molule has been tested and in working order. "

MJ/MS - Which one? Where from? Will this control MJ and then MS at a later date - funds permitting ?

Beer ? Do I go for an Old English Ale - Maybe Theakstons Old Peculiar :rolleyes: , or a continental lager :P , Grolsch maybe, or Special Brew :D

Have I missed anything ?

Help most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Jon

• Like 1

Get the trigerwheel from www.triggerwheels.com, they just bolt straight on, I bought the VR sensor bracket as well, expensive, but you just know it is going to be right....

The EDIS stuff you have sounds like the right stuff.

Get the generation 1 Ford cooil packs, these are the ones with clips holding the leads in place, pretty much all pre-1999 cylinders have them, Fiestas are a popular one for finding them I think :)

Go for the squirt if you can afford the extra £150.

Oh, and definitely the OP ;)

Thanks B69,

That's useful. Mines a 3.5 EFi with 4 sp auto from a RRC. Does that have any bearing at all ?

Cheers, Jon

No real bearing on it TBH :)

Lager? Wash your mouth out man!! :o:o:o:o:o:o

Just to be 100% clear OP is *NOT* a larger ;)

Wouldn't want to be tarred with that brush ;)