200tdi cylinder head

wozzer uk

changed head gasket as it blew between cylinders 3 & 4 replaced head gasket everything fine for 4 month now head gasket blown in same place as well as between 1 & 2 anyway to the point when i was taking the head back off i thought the head bolts were not tight enough i did what the haynes manual said but turning a torque wrench 60 degress then another 60 to me(after the initial tightening) it seems a bit vague has any body got the final torque setting for this can any one help got the head skimmed this time

cheers warren

I don't know if its the same for a 200 as a 300 but on the 300 tdi when tightening the head bolts after you torque and turn 2 x 60 degrees you need to finally tighten the ones 'nearest' the combustion chambers a further 20 degrees

i noticed when removing the head on my 300 tdi that some bolts seemed looser than others, I assumed this was a result of hte overheating either stretching the bolts or the head warping