PIN code for radio? (2000 P38)

nmayhew

hello,

firstly a thank you to all those who helped me with my suspension problems - i have now had the spring conversion fitted, and it rides fine (hard to tell any difference with the old EAS, apart from only one ride height).

however, when the work was done the battery was obviously disconnected and my radio needs a pin code to reactivate it.

the manual is as unhelpful as ever and vaguely refers to the entertainment booklet, which i guess has disappeared over the the years.

do i have to contact Land Rover to get a replacement code?

i'm loathe to spend any money on this!

cheers,

Nick

hello,

firstly a thank you to all those who helped me with my suspension problems - i have now had the spring conversion fitted, and it rides fine (hard to tell any difference with the old EAS, apart from only one ride height).

however, when the work was done the battery was obviously disconnected and my radio needs a pin code to reactivate it.

the manual is as unhelpful as ever and vaguely refers to the entertainment booklet, which i guess has disappeared over the the years.

do i have to contact Land Rover to get a replacement code?

i'm loathe to spend any money on this!

cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick

If it is the original Landrover Radio/cassette then go down to your local Landrover agent and ask them if they could get you the Radio code, they will also give you the EKA code, if they don't then ask them for it. Go with proof of ownership of the vehicle (log book, bill of sale and driving licence with photo or another form of personal ID), obviously this is to prove you are who you say you are and the vehicle is yours, they will then take photo copies of the documents and get in touch with L/Rover and return a few minutes later with the codes for you. Keep codes safe.

hope this helps you.

Bryn