Thought I should alert you about No Fear Off Road

M&S

Hi all,

I have documented this elsewhere as it progressed, but now a fuller picture has come to light I thought I'd post a summary here to save anyone else the hassle of getting ripped-off by this company (or companies!).

I won't go into my personal issues with them, except to say that they sent the wrong parts, damaged, then refused return delivery or refund based on the fact the items were damaged when they received them back. It's a circle I'm stuck in but dealing with myself.

I have, however, found that I am not the only one with this problem, and they seem to make a regular habbit of not delivering goods, or sending any old part out and then refusing refunds.

As I say, not looking for advice on how to deal with this, it is getting sorted, but I do want to stop anyone else parting with their money.

So...

They are trading as:

www.nofearoffroad.co.uk or nofearmx which redirects to

http://www.landrover-breakers.co.uk/

They also trade on ebay under four different names. One years ago, and 3 current:

no_fear_sales

maxed_up_07

fear_2_be

This makes it quite difficult to find any info about them, or reviews. I can however tell you that they are far from helpful once they have your money, and have no interest in giving refunds.

As I say, I'm not the only one:

http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=262378

and

Google Review and Map

I hope this saves others from hassle and isn't seen as a personal vendetta by me.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted. When I worked and lived in Chepstow his 'yard' was usually full of junk in heaps being driven over by chavs on bikes. Not quite as nice as it sounds either.

I had the same issue with autocraft 4x4 South, who then renamed themselves something I can't remember. I left neutral feedback once for one item [not as pictured and heavily rusted], and am now blocked from bidding on any of their items on any of their ID's. Once their neutral and negative feedback built up, they simply changed ID.

Ah well, no great loss.

Trading through a community, like this one, will always be safer.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been told that the more people who report the activities of these companies and Messrs Edward and Michael Fear to the Trading Standards people the better. Call 0845 404 0506 and quote refence SW721442.

Still waiting for my money back but am putting my faith in Mastercard for now...........

No fear off road breakers seem to have adverts in alot of magazines at the moment :ph34r:

I should imagine they have a few disgruntled customers :(

Gary

I suggest disgruntled customers speak to the relevant magazines as it does them no good to carry adverts from such companies and they are probably unlikely to get paid...........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Trading through a community, like this one, will always be safer.

Sadly thats no gaurentee that you won;t get sent something that doesn't resemble the description.......... i recently bought a '500 mile old' X brake, the pads were worn out, the backplate bent, and disc bent..... all i really bought was the caliper, its now cost me well over the price of a new one, and the seller didn;t have the decency to reply to the pm i sent them when i recieved it.........!

I think they're all as bad as each other, I rang a breakers in glasgow for some subaru wishbones, they sent wishbones but from a car 5 years older than mine, I had to return them at my expense but according to them the courier lost them, I got a POD from the courier which they refused to accept so I went through visa for a refund, I think the transaction has to be over £100 before you're covered though

I think they're all as bad as each other, I rang a breakers in glasgow for some subaru wishbones, they sent wishbones but from a car 5 years older than mine, I had to return them at my expense but according to them the courier lost them, I got a POD from the courier which they refused to accept so I went through visa for a refund, I think the transaction has to be over £100 before you're covered though

if you have POD and they refuse to accept they received it - send a letter to them advising you will be taking them to the small claims court. Most solicitors with this sort of thing will not charge you up front and the costs will be transfered to the very naughty company when they lose.

Its amazing how quickly a naughty company will backtrack and sort you out when they know they've been rumbled and will be taken to court and incur significant court costs. Most companies just rely on the general publics ignorance and apathy and hope that ignoring them will mean they will go away, meaning they are quids in and get away with murder. As soon as they think they have a switched on customer and will get costs assigned to them, they pay up!

:P

same goes for the other companies listed above who refuse to pay for return of poor goods. Legally they MUST do this, under the sale of goods act they items must be as described/advertised and fit for purpose. If they arent then they are legally liable to replace the goods or issue a refund at no cost to the customer.

• 4 months later...

Re: GWENT 4x4 - NO FEAR Breakers (Dont be fooled by the name change, its the same com

Two recent quotes from posts on http://www.findabreaker.co.uk/compon...=6&start=30#93 :

"Dont buy anything off ed fear,hes a lier,sells dodgy goods. Iv learnt the hard way! i have so far found 8 names theyve traded under,and 4 on ebay. Latest being Jodie2112,do not buy anything off this person either,its his girlfriend!! Been well and truely conned,but he will not get away with it this time!!"

"Please do take em down...report them to everyone .....we have but no one seems to listen...the last story we got was a guy who bought an engine off him.....oh dear its engine number has been taken off...not heard from him but think he is going to the police.....Ed himself is driving a nicely, newly built red landy 90 on a stolen chassis.....yes a stolen chassis guys, he took parts from our car an swopped em with **** ones when he had it.....GO TO THE POLICE PEOPLE......trading standards are VERY interested to hear all ur stories as they are building a case against him....the ones in GWENT...ring em...cause Edward WONDER BOY FEAR ( Facebook profile) as much hassle as poss....he cant keep getting away with it BUT HE IS!!!!"

The important point is to put out info re Jodie2112 on Ebay to warn others to add her to the no-go list and note Ed Fears Facebook details if you want to bug him, not that I would encourage that of course!

Keep watching and spreading the word.

Ah... my mate got diddled by these people....

He bought a pair of Toyota Land Cruiser LJ70 axles and a set of wheels to fit onto them.

When home I checked them over and one was an RRC front axle!

Ring them up "Don't know how that happened, will get it swapped over for you."

Months passed, dozens of phone calls, still no swapped axle.

Ring them a final time "Gonna bring the axles back to you, they aren't what I wanted."

"Well you can, but you'll only get £30 for it, that's one axle, and the other one was supplied correctly, so we aren't refunding that."

"£30? WTF?"

"Yeah, check your receipt."

Sure enough on the receipt the axles were listed at £30 each and the wheels for £240. As the wheels were supplied correctly they refused a refund, cue my mate being seriously out of pocket -fuel to drop one axle off would have cost more than the £30 he was going to collect :angry2:

• 1 month later...

WARNING, the jokers at GWENT 4 x 4 have in the last week (Tuesday 28th June 2011) been evicted from the premises at Bulwark Trading Estate in Chepstow by the LANDLORDS BAILIFFS Swift Credit for NOT paying their RENT. They are now supposed to be moving to AVONMOUTH.

These guys are LYING THIEVING BASKETS, DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

How can they be re-opening elsewhere with such bad credit, trading standards already on their case, etc etc??? This makes me mad :angry:

These people will get away with it for two reasons if they are moving to Avonmouth it's a different Trading Standards office etc so everything will be reset, the best thing someone could do is, when people know where they have gone to let their local trading standards know what they are facing.

It's one of the problems with limited companies law in the UK that anyone with £120 can start a business, even it someone is "banned" from being a director they can still run a company and as long as they are not named as the director at companies house. It's not just the public that get caught (my brewery) is owed hundreds from a large hotel chain who went into administration only to Phoenix and continue to run having wiped out around £100k and several small companies!! a perfectly legal practice!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Breaking news !? Sorry about the pun but I could not resist!!

See http://www.findabreaker.co.uk/component/kunena/44-land-rover/18-no-fear-4x4.html?limit=6&start=36#101

-----

"ive just heard they have moved to sling,lydney,gloucestershire,still over the water, which would make sense as edward lives in bream,lydney. cant c them paying for bridge tolls everyday if they moved to avonmouth,not with all the ccjs they got!!! will find out where in sling and let the world no."

Keep eyes and ears open and keep spreading the word..............

Having had this company drawn to my attention by a member of this forum, subsequently they have now been blacklisted on Macks 4x4 info – www.macks4x4info.com

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ by the way. By sticking together we are more likely to rid ourselves of parasites such as No Fear 4x4 / Gwent 4x4 … or whatever else they are calling themselves these days!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, i found out just what a robber he was aswell, but i struck back and tracked him down...and just to say it was well worth the 400 mile round trip and he could well be seeing me again soon, the man really is the best liar ive ever come across...he was telling me my parts had been sent and i told him no your lying, because im standing in your workshop loading them into my van, and please crawl out from wherever your hiding because i wouldnt mind a little word with you....he didnt show prob because im a big ol lump who can av a go and so were my freinds who i brought with me to meet him !!! ive got hes full address if anyone needs to visit him !