V8 R380 vs 300TDi R380

disco_al

The clutch splines on the TDi are longer though so not too much of an issue?

I've bolted a R380 V8 bellhousing onto my R380TDi box and the shaft sticks out more or less the same amount as the V8 LT77 i have (~10mm)

A few chaps on here have bored out a V8 spigot bush to take the tdi shaft and it works ok. You end up with a very thin wall thickness, <1mm, which might make it tricky to fit, but it does work.

I have used both 3.5 R380 and 300 TDI R380 with my 200 TDI engine. in what was a 1999 V8 110.

I got away with using the V8 R380 for 2 years despite the shorter splines until they finaly ripped out miles from anywere while off road, luckily I had an aframe to drag it back to the road and as weather was good (dry) my discovery recovered it no bother.

I have attached a couple of pics showing both versions of the box fitted with a 300 TDI Defender bell housing, they show the diffrence pretty clearly.post-3233-126955580569_thumb.jpgpost-3233-126955587299_thumb.jpg