LT77 Reverse light switch.

Hi all, I would like to fit a reverse light to my 110.

I got what I was told was the correct switch, but either its the wrong switch, or i am trying to put it in the wrong position?.

Could anyone help me out?.

This is where I was told it was meant to go, and if you look just above the opening, at the front lip you'll see a brass type bolt thingy. that was supposedly the correct switch, but I was told it had to go in the marked opening, and thats not correct.

DSC00026-1.jpg

thanks,

Chris.

That's the correct location. this photo [click link below]on Ashcroft Transmissions website shows the reverse switch fitted to the same place [left hand end is the rear of the gearbox]

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/part_1.html

the other later reverse light switch [which looks like the one fitted in the linked picture] is this one

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/10001/PRC8204-SWITCH-REVERSE-LAMP.html?search=prc8204&page=1

Hi, thanks for the quick reply Western.

Even that switch doesn't look right.

The blanking plug I have in the pic is a big ( about 7/8" - 1" diameter x 3/4"- 1" [from memory] depth) bung with a 1/2" square hole in the middle, once removed there is not really much space between where the plug was removed and a flat piece of metal?

If it makes any difference, the Rover has never had a reverse light fitted.

Chris.

Hiya, Thanks Les,

Do you mean I am aiming at the wrong hole ( ooh err), and there is another one next to ( below left) the one circled?, I hope you do, as I am starting to despair on this one.

Cheers,

Chris.

EPC shows two holes in that location - the one you have circled, which is listed as a filler/level plug, then the other one, which is listed as a blanking plug, which is where the reverse switch goes. Be careful when fitting the switch - if you screw it in too far, it'll stop you from selecting reverse.

Les.

Hiya, Thanks Les,

Do you mean I am aiming at the wrong hole ( ooh err), and there is another one next to ( below left) the one circled?, I hope you do, as I am starting to despair on this one.

Cheers,

Chris.

Sorry, as the others have said, it's the other blank/hole you need. in the bright green circle on this extract & lightened bit from your original picture

post-20-127377093571_thumb.jpg