Slave cylinder push rod location into clutch fork

Hi there,

I have a 300tdi with an R380 gearbox and as you may already now, when replacing the clutch slave cylinder i didnt locate the pushrod into the clutch fork correctly. Well i have managed to recover the push rod thankfully out of the bell housing. My question is, what is the best way to relocate the pushrod into the clutch fork, as im having alot of difficulty? Would it be best removing the front prop or is there a quicker easier way? Also, the plastic peg that holds the push rod to the clutch fork, the pegs have broken off. Does anyone know the part number for this please? Many thanks in advance guys!

I had this problem when I changed mine a few years ago. To get the clip back on I got a tubular piece of wood about as long as the push rod, maybe slightly shorter. Something like a broom handle will do. I then drilled a hole through the centre of the wood so the pushrod wood fit through it. Then I put the clip on pushrod, put the pushrod into the wood so the clip is trapped against the end of the piece of wood and the bulbous end of the pushrod and carefully clipped it back onto the fork through the slave cylinder hole and slipped off the piece of wood.

Hope that makes sense!