overfilled with engine oil

del

hi all would overfilling my 200 tdi cause it to missfire and plume out blue smoke?

How much have you overfilled it by? Lots too much will definitely cause excessive smoking. I'm not sure about the mis-fire, but if it's developed since you overfilled, it could well be the cause.

I think ive put in about a litre too much, but it was smoking before i changed the oil ,thought it might be the injectors that were at fault but had those checked and adjusted and the were ok. So im thinking its the oil piston rings letting oil into the combustion chambers causing a missfire and smoke

Presumably you've let out a couple of litres (whilst on level ground) and then added new fresh oil up to the correct position on dipstick to to see if symptoms persist.....

You may have excessive oil splash getting into breathers routing itself into induction and turbo! That'll smoke!:o