Window washers

Frax

Hi can anyone tell me if there is a better way of clearing the windows, the original design is very poor and also very flimsy, my one dropped off today in a lump of ice. :(

This is the second time this has happened to me and they just seem very flimsy made and a bit of a thwack to replace (well the prep work is)

Are there any alternatives that are stronger or any mods to get better performance out of them? :blink:

Wondered if anyone has fitted a bonnet mounted system and if so how did ye get on and what parts were used.

Regards

Frax

;)

Thank you for the replies - western do yours spray onto the window now and not just hit the bottom of the blades and is there enough force to feed four nozzles.

Regards

Frax :unsure:

lots of pressure from the standard pump,the fluid always goes on the screen if the jets are properly adjusted.

Thank you for all that, I think I will try the twin jets - I have a new one on order and have superglued the old one which seams to be holding so far.

Will just have to order another for when I remove the top of the dash.

Regards

Frax :rolleyes:

I've tried a few different systems to improve on the standard land rover washer jets. The range rover headlight washers worked ok but not very good at speed as you have to mount them so far from the screen the air flow just blows the water round the side of the screen. I've settled on 3 of the double defender jets run off 2 separate pumps so I have 6 jets hitting the screen.

I fitted a pair of the twin jet nozzles to my 90 10-years ago and it has been fine with no need to replace either of them since. The standard pump delivers a more than adequate supply of water so it hits the screen even at motorway speeds.

A few months ago I had to replace my washer bottle so I thought while I was at it I would upgrade to a twin-pump system (genuine LR parts) and use one pump to serve each nozzle, the change to the pipework was simple enough and the top-rail was removed in a matter of minutes to allow another pipe to be run from the nozzle to the pump.

What a disapointment, the flow of water was exactly the same which only went to confirm that the single pump is more than up to the job of supplying two twin jet nozzles in the first place.

That is very strange - I thought that the pump would supply a set pressure and volume of water and the nozzle restriction would be responsible for the pressure.

Strange why at the same volume of water there is not a better feed through a twin pipe system unless the pumps on the twin system dont supply the same volume of water as a single pump.

Frax :huh:

That is very strange - I thought that the pump would supply a set pressure and volume of water and the nozzle restriction would be responsible for the pressure.
Strange why at the same volume of water there is not a better feed through a twin pipe system unless the pumps on the twin system dont supply the same volume of water as a single pump.

Frax huh.gif

with 2 pumps on the wash fluid tank, one is for the front screen wash & 2nd is for the rear screen.