• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stretch121

stretch121

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hi guys and gals, new to the site and new to Land Rovers.
Recently bought a Disco 2 2001 x reg and am so glan i did,,,,problem is after only having it for a week i went to the local shops and when i came back some kind.....person......had hit my motor smashing driver side indicator and ripping off the front bumper tearing it so it now needs replaced.

Any ide where to go for a new or second hand one in black, or i may just let the insurance sort it as there is some minor damage to the front wing too.

Cheers peeps and have a happy new year one and all.....( except the scum who hit me and drove off without so much as a not, you dear sir for all i care can DIE of syphallis )
New to me,2000 Silver Disco 2 td5, my first Land Rover, proper Solid underneath so one very chuffed owner.

#2 doda456

doda456

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

it depends on your finances/ time and personal situation

you can try a local scrapyard or a landrover breaker, It depends on how bad the damage is, and how much work you want to do

Also if you get insuarnce involved you will have to declare it for the next 5 years, and it will affect your premiums etc

#3 axlechorus

axlechorus

Old Hand

• Long Term Supporters
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Ebay is probably your next best bet. I would expect an indicator to set you back around 20 or so and the bumper probably nearer 80 so around 100 in total. The only thing that may need more attention is any mounts that may be bent/damaged behind the bumper otherwise it will be a bolt off and bolt on operation.

As an aside you may depending on your finances and future ideas for your motor use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a heavy duty bumper of some form. There are some nice units around now from around the 250 mark.

HTH
Ryck

#4 monkeyb0y

monkeyb0y

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

Oh and look for one you can put a winch on....its starting argh...don't listen...lol

#5 Dannytd5

Dannytd5

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

I had my bumper dammaged in a car park after alot of lookin around I decided to get a off road tubular bumper and a steering guard cost me about 300 quid for all of it and Xmas eve it had it's first test when a Clio reversed into me one nice smashed rear window on the Clio to which I looked at the disco and it brushed of it's attack lol

#6 MartinK

MartinK

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

Kind of depends. If you want to keep it original, or make it more "rugged" (and better ground clearance)... You have 3 options (to state the obvious!): replace with original; replace with an aftermarket item; repair the existing...

I thought there were other issues with a non-standard bumper on a D2...like hiding the washer bottle?

Another thought would be to get your bumper repaired using a Plastic Welding firm. A lot of motorycles have plastic fairings, and plastic welding is a popular repair to overpriced japanese plastics on motorbikes. See
http://www.steve-edw...com/plastic.php for instance.

Otherwise place an advert on this and other LR forms in the "Wanted" section, and watch ebay/gumtree...

#7 q-rover

q-rover

Old Hand

• Settled In
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Google TP4x4 they have nice bumpers.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

#8 M&S

M&S

Old Hand

• Settled In
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Plenty come up on ebay if you are happy to wait a a few weeks to find one.

#9 nicks90

nicks90

Old Hand

• Settled In
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

i like the tp4x4 bumpers - as they cover up the washer bottle and look a bit more 'standard' than a whacking big tubular thing - sort of a judge dredd sleeper style
:lol:

Posted Image

he'll certainly be getting my business when i replace the bumper on the wifes D2 when i get a few quid together.
WWW.YORKSHIREOFFROADCLUB.NET
Familly friendly 4x4 club. Monthly RTVs, nav scatter, clubman challenges and pub meets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users