2 replies to this topic

#1 qball

qball

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hi Guys,

Would like to know how to change out the fan belt of the TD5, my has a aircon compressor? Not sure which is the tensioning pulley and how to release the tension. Advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

#2 101sean

101sean

Old Hand

• Settled In
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

Manual says you need to remove the fan but I've done it without, take the top guard panel off and feed the belt round the fan and various pulleys, fairly obvious which route it takes. If you stand in front of bumper and look down from above, the tensioner is the bottom left hand pulley (nearest PAS box if RHD). You need a 15mm spanner or socket on a long bar to move it against spring pressure towards the PAS box, easier if you have someone who can hold the tensioner back while you feed the belt round.
Sean
73FL74 101GS
2000 110 CSW
Medway Military Vehicle Group (Ireland rep!)
www.mmvg.net

#3 qball

qball

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

Thanks Sean for the advice. Will give it a shot.

rgds

Manual says you need to remove the fan but I've done it without, take the top guard panel off and feed the belt round the fan and various pulleys, fairly obvious which route it takes. If you stand in front of bumper and look down from above, the tensioner is the bottom left hand pulley (nearest PAS box if RHD). You need a 15mm spanner or socket on a long bar to move it against spring pressure towards the PAS box, easier if you have someone who can hold the tensioner back while you feed the belt round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users