Help! I've immobilised my Td5

Urgent help needed. I'm in a panic state as i've immobilised my truck.

THis is a stock vehicle that shipped with the 10AS unit disabled. I was playing around with the nanocom and after that all looked well until i pulled out the key and turned off the nanocom.

i got a nice red light glowing solid on my speedo. i tried to put the key in and start the truck, but it won't start at all. not even turn over. the engine immobilised light is flashing when i try that. so i decided to close all the doors and the red light on the speedo is flashing. so this tells me the alarm is armed and all doors are closed.

next, when i open the doors the horn beeps twice and the red light on the speedo goes solid.

how can i start my truck now?

no, i never had and key fobs or anything else other than the keys. yes, there's a small metal tag which came with one of the keys with 6 characters. i believe this must be the number code i need. as i've read, there should be 4 numbers so the first 2 must be letters.

i've tried removing the battery but it doesn't help after i put it back it's still the red light on the speedo.

what can i try next? or do i have to tow it down to the dealship?

is there a way to rewrite the 10AS unit and disable it?

Thanks!

Andrew

Urgent help needed. I'm in a panic state as i've immobilised my truck.

THis is a stock vehicle that shipped with the 10AS unit disabled. I was playing around with the nanocom and after that all looked well until i pulled out the key and turned off the nanocom.

i got a nice red light glowing solid on my speedo. i tried to put the key in and start the truck, but it won't start at all. not even turn over. the engine immobilised light is flashing when i try that. so i decided to close all the doors and the red light on the speedo is flashing. so this tells me the alarm is armed and all doors are closed.

next, when i open the doors the horn beeps twice and the red light on the speedo goes solid.

how can i start my truck now?

no, i never had and key fobs or anything else other than the keys. yes, there's a small metal tag which came with one of the keys with 6 characters. i believe this must be the number code i need. as i've read, there should be 4 numbers so the first 2 must be letters.

i've tried removing the battery but it doesn't help after i put it back it's still the red light on the speedo.

what can i try next? or do i have to tow it down to the dealship?

is there a way to rewrite the 10AS unit and disable it?

Thanks!

Andrew

Supposedly if you have a Td5 (I say this because it didn't work on the one we had) you can enter a four digit code by unlocking and locking the door in a particular pattern. I don't remember the exact methods (hopefully in your handbook) but you essentially have to unlock the vehicle, then lock it x times (first digit), then unlock it for the second digit number of times and so on. The reason this didn't work was that it seemed someone had replaced the doors previously as there were no wires going from the door to the engine management so could not have been the case.

We did speak to a local dealer though (because we didn't know this or have a code or a fob) and after taking the registration number and a few other details they gave us the code and told us how to enter it. On finding out it was not possible (the 90 had to be left in a field at a shoot where it had died) then on repairing it (blown ECU as well) then the garage sourced a fob for us.

Have you checked with the Nanocom that the 10AS is still set to disabled? And how long did you leave the battery disconnected? Try leaving it disconnected for an hour or so, and then try again. Is your battery fully charged and healthy?

Ok it all well. I didn't mess up the codes. But I set the passive immobilizer to enable. So if I didn't have a plip, I can't turn it off. But however, I managed to turn off the immobilizer just by writing the option back to disable even while it was immobilized! Now that's starting to get scary.