Flange Making Tool Thingumy wotsit for Tubes - Help

Wow! That has made a much better job that I was expecting.

I guess not too much effort was required to form ally, but have you tried small bore steel tube, as typically used in vehicle heating systems?

Another design here that's built into a vice. Not sure how you are meant to turn the tube though :unsure:

You could probably use one of those non destructive oil filter straps or similar

I've seen vice grips modified similar to the above for joggling steel.... not sure how long they would last though.

Very nice idea with the vice grips, I wonder if you could upscale with a hydraulic press?

I doubt you'd need that much pressure, modifying a pair of bolt cutters would give significantly more leverage than the mole grips.... although it would probably be a bit monotonous in use, but still quicker than a hydraulic press.

I doubt you'd need that much pressure, modifying a pair of bolt cutters would give significantly more leverage than the mole grips.... although it would probably be a bit monotonous in use, but still quicker than a hydraulic press.

Bolt cutters worth a try, but Nige was after something for 3mm aluminium tube, and 1.5mm steel tube (suspect that this was for his new air flow meter adapter tube to make the megasquirt conversion more drop in for the rover v8?) One one of the posts somewhere, I think he had taken to tig welding a lip on the edge of the tube.

Yup, hydraulic (jack) press would take an age, but there are electromechanical conversion kits about for foot operated use I've seen somewhere.