no lights on drivers side except full beam and hazards....?

Hey all.

I've just sold my '98 hicap to a mate, and would you believe,it's developed a couple of gremlins!

We swapped the wings for a straighter pair and after reconnecting the lights we have a few issues.

1) it used to be that the headlights would misbehave until full beam had been left on for a couple of minutes, ie the headlights would dim to candle power unless only side lights only were on, or full beam on main head lights. When you flicked the switch between full and dipped headlights, there was a buzzing relay sound during the transition. Bzzzt.

2) we've now only got full beam (both sides) and hazards (no indicators). No rear light or sidelight on drivers side. The 'pull to flash' on the indicator stalk doesn't work, but push for full beam works when lights are on (not sidelights).

3) no foglight, but switch and dash light are ok. Perhaps because it's on the drivers side, where no power is getting to the lights?

While checking the connection of the little gold (dip/dim?) Module thing in the drivers wing, it came unplugged and that's when the symptoms in point 1 became 2 and 3 and the buzzing stopped. We're not sure now if we've damaged it or the relay has just burnt out coincidentally. Both yellow relays in the fuse box are fine.

So. I hope you're all as clear as mud with that. I like to be thorough in confusing an issue first thing in the morning!

I suppose we can just run wires from one side to the other to power the missing tail, side lamps etc, but that won't do much for main beam or flash. Maybe that's the indicator stalk? Where's the sneaky buzzing relay, haynes manual suggests they're all in the fuse box?

Issues here seem to be simelar (in part) to badger90's post 'lights on 90' posted at an ungodly hour this morning. Not the only one loosing sleep over electrickery, am i.....?!?

recheck the lights earth point at front edge of inner wing panel, sounds like the dim dip unit as died too, no need for this system in UK anymore, so it can be removed/remain unplugged.

dimdip relay is either behind instrument pack or the fusebox or in the engine bay rear corner, look for a 'pink' case.all the other relays are in fusebox,