borrowing a 1/8 bps tap

Landy-Novice

First question is are you sure it's BSP? A lot of vehicle gauge fittings are NPT, not BSP. The two look very similar until you try to make a sealing joint using one of one and one of the other, at which point you find you need more than just PTFE tape, and by the time you've got it tight enough you've probably knackered the threads.

I may have got a spare one I can lend you, but I'm in Denmark right now so I can't check. In any case, I'd certainly agree with VB that it would be six quid well spent to add one to your tool kit.

Nick.

I meant to say that.. a 6 quid tap will last all of 5 seconds on plastic.. use it on anything with any resistance and it'll just fall to bits.

You might be forgetting the second-hand market.

It's a practical but slightly morbid situation, that often, when a hobby engineer dies, all the tools have to be disposed of by the surviving partner / executor. Some small engineering works or suppliers will take these on, because a lot of their Customer base are hobby engineers who cannot justify new prices, but will pay small sums for 'pre-owned' tools.

In my experience, such businesses may not have an internet presence.

HTH

Postage will cost you £2.70 each way. You can spend your winnings on half a packet of Crisps.

If you like you can borrow mine. Bear in mind though that mine didn't cost £6!

Si

if your serious, ill send you a PM later. :i-m_so_happy:

Out of curiosity what do you need to tap? (I know it's to fit a gauge)

Can you not get an adapter to allow the connection?

Maybe one of the forum members can come up with an approach not requiring a tap if you let us know.

nope, its to fit an egt to my egr blanking plate :D

You might be forgetting the second-hand market.

i haven't forgot about 2nd hand, i dont what im getting(could also be cheap sh*ite from china..) and its something ill never need again. :)