Pipe reducers

reb78

Anyone got any ideas where i can get a pipe reducer that goes from 16mm to 4mm and is also suitable for diesel? Or, will i have to do this using a couple of reducers?

Its so i can convert an expansion tank to a diesel tank for my eberspacher whilst i have SVO in the main tank.

i've got a nice lathe.. And tons of metal..... :)

I was hoping you might say that...... :) Would you be able to knock something up Dave? I was planning on using some old coolant hose to join the 16mm section to the bottom fo the expansion tank - will it cope with diesel (if i have the reducer close to/touching the bottom of the tank outlet, then there would be minimal exposure of the pipe to the fuel).

I wish i had a lathe - reckon it would be a great tool to have use of.

They are, but it does take a while to get reasonable results from when you first start. The likes of VB will be able to knock something up in their sleep but for those of us back garden machinists it takes a little more practice ;)

They are, but it does take a while to get reasonable results from when you first start. The likes of VB will be able to knock something up in their sleep but for those of us back garden machinists it takes a little more practice ;)

Learning to use it well is half the fun.

I was hoping you might say that...... :) Would you be able to knock something up Dave? I was planning on using some old coolant hose to join the 16mm section to the bottom fo the expansion tank - will it cope with diesel (if i have the reducer close to/touching the bottom of the tank outlet, then there would be minimal exposure of the pipe to the fuel).

Piece of cake! Lathes arnt that exciting to have (well not to me anyway) but handy if you know someone with access to one or 9 like me.