Picture Request - Defender TD5 CL/EW

Les Brock

Hi chaps

need a bit of assistance Defender TD5 cable from bulkhead to doors for central locking and electric windows

Bulkhead cables I have

post-17-0-01482800-1353790126_thumb.jpg

Grommet

post-17-0-90964500-1353790117_thumb.jpg

Where the grommet is supposed to go I guess :hysterical:

post-17-0-93625300-1353790109_thumb.jpg

Can someone take some pictures or tell me how the cables get to the door and where they terminate or do they float in the door piller ?

ie

Down the door piller with the interior light switch ? or another route where does the 25mm grommet go ?

what is the orientation of the gommet ?also is anyone in a position to measure the hole for me and show position so I can get it cut

Ta :i-m_so_happy:

Hope this makes sense !!!

The loom enters from the engine bay side, 25mm grommet goes in the pillar there. See top-left of this pic:

post-10578-0-18165800-1353790702_thumb.jpg

The hole should be where the cutout in the soundproofing is. The rubber tube (grommet) think mounts with the larger end on the a-pillar. The routing is downwards and out to the door, forming a "U" shape when the door is closed. Not sure on the dimensions I'm afraid, though someone with a Td5 can measure the hole in their bulkhead. It is blanked off on models without CDL/EW.

Not much help les but I have had two defenders break their window motor feed wires in the grommet through flexing, thought you being a sparky type might have some very nice flexible cable you could splice in.

Will.

Les,

I am guessing you have an earlier bulkhead? As in pre 02? Central locking was not an option what these and therefore you don't have the holes!! Post 02 had a blanking grommet if CL was not fitted.

James is correct the rounder end goes in the bulkhead and the square end goes in the door you are missing some wiring from the door that threads down the copex and connects to the plugs you have show.

I can measure mine in the morning if you want and let you know what height it enters the door ?

The spade connector is for the door entry switch, which is the hole above the cut out.

Jason.

Thanks for the replies. drilling the holes is no problem, bit of Galvafroid on the holes !

Got no doors yet which is why I have no cables, but trying to get everything in place ready, so trying to picture how everything sits,

Mmmm yes we have cable that will suit this down to the ground, so might keep the connections in the bulkhead but will still need the grommet to get from door to A piller. I take it the door has a slide in section for the other end ?

Jason, yes please for some measurements if its not to much trouble :i-m_so_happy:

Regards

Les

Les,

Photos, of the bulkhead and door, sorry I am not removing my door card again!!! however the rear door card is still removed so I took a photo of that I seem to remember the fitting is fairly similar.

wp000372n.jpg

wp000373c.jpg

wp000374q.jpg

Let me know if you want anything else.

Jason.

Thanks for the replies. drilling the holes is no problem, bit of Galvafroid on the holes !

Got no doors yet which is why I have no cables, but trying to get everything in place ready, so trying to picture how everything sits,

Mmmm yes we have cable that will suit this down to the ground, so might keep the connections in the bulkhead but will still need the grommet to get from door to A piller. I take it the door has a slide in section for the other end ?

Jason, yes please for some measurements if its not to much trouble :i-m_so_happy:

Regards

Les

Les,

The connections stay in the bulkhead, the convoluted grommet that goes between the bulkhead and the doors, is on the door harness.

This is the driver's door harness (LR016315) -

LR016315.jpg

I've got a brand new LR016315 harness in a box under my desk, if you want bigger clearer pictures of the grommet and/or connectors.

The loom enters from the engine bay side, 25mm grommet goes in the pillar there. See top-left of this pic:

post-10578-0-18165800-1353790702_thumb.jpg

The hole should be where the cutout in the soundproofing is. The rubber tube (grommet) think mounts with the larger end on the a-pillar. The routing is downwards and out to the door, forming a "U" shape when the door is closed. Not sure on the dimensions I'm afraid, though someone with a Td5 can measure the hole in their bulkhead. It is blanked off on models without CDL/EW.

Spot on holes drilled and yet more Galvafroid ;)

Les,

The connections stay in the bulkhead, the convoluted grommet that goes between the bulkhead and the doors, is on the door harness.

This is the driver's door harness (LR016315) -

LR016315.jpg

I've got a brand new LR016315 harness in a box under my desk, if you want bigger clearer pictures of the grommet and/or connectors.

Hi Paul, thats just what I needed to make sure the connector are in the right place ready for doors, easier to do it now than later on when all the wings are in place (Eventually :ph34r: )

Thanks again guys :i-m_so_happy: