Hi all

have my ignition switch off at the moment as since i have owned the car (6 months) there has been a separate momentary push button for starting. .

Ignition switch is still there but after I turn on fully, I then have to push this button to start.

What I need to know is if the spring part is in the lock barrel assembly or the switch contact assembly(on the back)

Took the back switch off and there is just a 'notchy' position selector but no spring return?

The lock barrel which is still in the assembly also does not feel to have any spring return when key is fully turned on??

How do you take the barrel out of the housing?-I see 2 brass locating pins but how do they come out.

At the moment the push start switch is bypassing the brake check relay and starter relay and I would like to get these back to standard to avoid possible later breakdown of ignition barrel/ switch contacts

post-12769-0-09696600-1372080384_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-82317800-1372080390_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-50943200-1372080393_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-17742300-1372080926_thumb.jpg