Discovery 200Tdi Into An Old 110 - Temp Sender Info

Hi all

I swapped the engine in my 110 with a Discovery 200Tdi engine and the temperature gauge always read too high. This didn't really bother me as I knew the engine was OK but I always wanted the temp to sit in the middle if possible. I have purchased quite a few gauges over the past 8 months or so in the hope that one would read better, but they didn't. I also bought a TD and a Defender 200Tdi sender but they are the larger threaded ones that you have to fit into the top of the thermostat housing, so I decided to look into fitting a resistor instead.

To cut a long story short it seems that if you fit a 100ohm resistor when you have a Defender 200Tdi gauge then it reads more or less in the middle at running temp. I also fitted my original gauge and I found that I need a slight larger resistor so I am going to fit a 120ohm later which I am confident will work. I am not 100% sure what the original engine was in my 110 as it had a Transit Di engine in when I got it but I believe it was a V8 so I presume the gauge I have is also a V8 gauge. But I could be wrong as there are no part numbers left of the gauge.

Anyway, hopefully this information might help with others with their conversions.

Cheers