new discovery concept

discomikey

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/land-rover-discovery-concept-new-york-motor-show-2014-04-15

I know this isnt the discovery forum but i thought it would be better here as it may get missed by a lot.

thoughts?

i think its starting to look a little much like the range rover and evoque,

it seems every concept they design are now pretty much the same shape which is a shame. dont get me wrong it looks nice (apart from the rear whats going on there?)

*yawn* - an age old debate/conversation, its if vehicle keep evolving like they are they'll all end up pretty much the same shape due to baseline ergonomics and common design goals... e.i efficiency, aerodynamics... they'll all end up like round blobby low profile whooshy things...

Like that actually, first the doors (if they make it to prod) but also the pillar shape and interior.

Just enough of the same and different.

True that too many models of the same general style will get boring though.

Remember the Sierra "jelly mould" argument, it was a trully ugly car at first but we got used to it and since then the designers have generally got it right?

Marc.

I like the way the doors open, not sure about the general styling at all though

Remember a Mr Noad I think it was who wrote to all the motoring magazines in the early 1960's complaining about the rear doors opening that way in the interests of safety. He got his way until this new Land Rover appeared.

Meh. The doors have been done before (

).

The Eeevock is pretty ugly but I suppose it looks appropriate in a mall car park or hanging off a footballer's wife's arm. Not surprising JLR are doing the same with the Disco. I'll never be buying one but then I'm not in the market segment they are targeting.

It is probably more interesting that the launch is in New York (as in the US of A). They are distancing themselves from blighty.

That heads up thing is a nifty gimmick. Fun until some plonker forgets that there is actually a car about to hit those rocks the are driving into/through.