Reversing light reversed.

I am assuming you mean that it only comes on when reversing and the other lights are off. In which case it is probably a bad earth behind the lights.

If it comes on when not reversing, then it is probably plugged into the wrong socket on the loom, again behind the lights. Just inside the rear door on both sides there is a cover. Behind these are the connections for the lights.

Its not a bad earth as far as i can see. There are two wires to the reversing light - its not earthed to the body at the light itself. With no lights on it gets 8.3 volts and with lights on its getinng 0.3 volts.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks. The prob is not just getting it to work. The green/brown voltage drops to almost zero when the sides or mains are on. When they are off it is all ok - voltage not really 12 its just over 8v but still lights the bulb ok. Si it all works as it should when lights are off but gree/brown drops to 0.3 when sides or mains are on.

You're right. Strange wiring. Someone had conected the earth to a spare loom connection that went to 12 when lights on. Strange because the bullet on the rev light earth wire looked original. Anyway I earthed it at the light like you said and it works like it should now. Thanks.