Puma Gutter

I've just got an '08 DCPU and noticed that the rain gutter is almost filled with mastic. This looks to be how the vehicle came out of the factory; are they all like that?

If they are, has anyone fitted a roofrack? If so, how did you get on? Strikes me there'll be mastic everywhere trying to get a firm footing for the mounts.

Phil.

I have come across this on a previous puma, the gutter was almost full but there was a gutter, maybe 3-4mm .. are you saying the gutter is full ?

if so, when it's a warm day it goes soft, remove some for the rack feet or rack foot rail.

Tricky one because there is a seam at the bottom between the roof sheet and the frame. The gutter is part of the frame so the danger is that if you remove too much, water will get under the sheet, into the inside channel - then it's a lottery whether you or the passenger get soaked..

The gutter is full to within 1mm-2mm all round. I'm concerned that digging it out is likely to crack the paint, and I risk of exposing whatever seams lie beneath. It doesn't leak at the moment and I'm enjoying staying dry!

Perhaps best forget the roofrack.

Thanks,

Phil.