Rear drum brake adjustment - 110

Servicing the 110 yesterday and removed the rear drums to check the shoes and on re-assembly i normally adjust the shoes.

With the wheel jacked up I

1. Apply the foot pedal a couple of times to centralise the shoes

2. Turn the snail cam adjuster so that the front shoe is on and the wheel wont turn

3. Back off the adjuster so that the wheel will turn freely without sounds of shoe scuffing

4. Repeat for rear shoe

5. Do the other side

Today, i hopped in the 110 after driving my 5 series and when i first went to brake, it seemed like there was a lot more movement on the pedal than normal before i felt a braking affect. Have i just backed off the adjusters too far? I went till the scuffing sound just stopped and the wheel moved freely, but perhaps that was too far??

I don't think it was because i jumped out of one car and into another as i often do this and have never recognized a difference like this before.

Mine I back off so there is just a little scuffing as they go round, by the sounds of it my new drums are not 100% round

Thanks. I think I've backed off further than normal and that's produced the problem. I suppose even if they were to scuff a little, that would soon wear down with use.