Disco 1 fuel tank in 110"

Hi fellow landy drivers

I have a 110" V8 in need of a new chassis and fuel tank (plus loads more).

I'm planing on solving the chassis part with a new galvanized one from richard but I'm still wondering what would be the best solution with the fuel tank. I have access to a used tank from a disco 1 200 tdi. One solution could be to use this tank with an "outboard" fuel pump. ( I'm running with SU carbs) But the question remains, will this tank fit a defender chassis with the original plastic tank mounts? and what about the filler?

And finally, does any of you guys have any pictures of such an operation? If so I would love to have a look.

Regards Rasmus

PS. I'm from denmark, so forgive me if my spelling is a bit off.

Hmm me too, I've looked at this, its not impossible, but the faff didn't;t really justify the end result in my opinion, you're probably better looking for a plastic td5 def tank then making up some retaining brackets for it.

Yeah, That was was I thought to. It would have been nice to use that parts I have lying around though.

But now that the disco tank is out. When I look in my catalogue the TD5 plastic diesel tank has part number WHK100050. But there is also a petrol tank listed with number WHK100070. Does any body know what's the difference between these two tanks?

/Rasmus

If you're getting a new chassis then just get it made to accept the Td5-on plastic tank. Then there's no problems and it's all factory.

Richards will even do one to accept that tank but with the earlier style crossmember (i.e. without the hole) if you like.