200tdi rear axle casing bent

Hi Everyone,

I need to swap either the axle casing or whole axle on the rear of my 90 as the casing is bent. It is a 200tdi with disc brakes and as far as I am aware it is standard (it is a late 200tdi so believe the discs are correct)

Will Disco 300tdi axles bolt straight on? Or would a 300tdi Disco casing swap over?

Disco rear axles are cheap and plentiful!

Not the sort of job I want to start and then find something does not fit!

A late 200tdi should be fine, the bolts will be metric as will the 300tdi replacement casing. Some early 200tdi units had imperial fixings, they are identified by having imperial 6 point calliper bolts rather than the later 12 point metric versions.

You can still do the swap from an imperial axle to a metric. IIRC all that is required is the later 12 point calliper bolts and a friendly engineer to enlarge the bolt holes on the earlier callipers.

A slide hammer may be required to remove the centre from the 300 diff pinion to enable access to the main flange nut. Your 200tdi flange should bolt on.