Ignition barrel

I'm needing some advice as to what ignition barrel I buy. I need a new one as the old one was wired up wrong and the starter was connected straight to it...

It's a 300tdi engine in a 1986 defender 90. Do I get an ignition barrel for a 300tdi or for a 1986 N/A defender? Also am I right in thinking I'm going to need a starter relay and a glow plug relay since I can't seem to find either and with the cold months coming up I would like to have glow plugs! Also any particular kind of glow plugs? It already has some installed obviously but if I was going to treat my defender and buy him some nice new ones what would people suggest?

Cheers

Stephen :)

I'd wire it as per a 300 Tdi with the ignition barrel and relays. Generally they will start OK without the glow plugs - so new ones will not make any difference so long as the old ones still work.

As for what sort to buy (of anything) - go to a main dealer. Yes it's more expensive, but you can guarantee it will fit, work and carry on working.

Si