1991Defender, long time not started

sharpy

Hi again,

Long story short!

May, married, 2 weeks honeymoon

July Stroke! 4weeks in hospital, 4 weeks so far Rehab, so truck not started/ driven for 9 weeks, bless the wife, she took the battery off whilst I was in hospital, so that's all good. Question being, are there any checks or maintenance I should carry out whilst she's stood? It may be another two months before I get the go ahead from DVLA that I can drive again? So it could be 16 ish weeks before she moves any suggestions very welcome.

Paul

just a roll back and forwards to stop the tyres sitting on same patch, also helps to rotate the gears, props and oil seals to keep them wet. Mine only gets used a few times a year for long journeys so just leave it with a solar charger in and the batteries isolated. For 9 weeks it probably only need to be done once as when you can be bothered.

Those solar charges are brilliant if I don't start mine for 2-3 weeks (as all ways got her in bits working on it sometimes I actually get to drive it)........I need to charge the battery. I got one those £10 plug in ciggy socket solar chargers from Maplins and I can leave it as long as I like now. Deff recommend them to people who leave there Landy a while between runs

By the way sharpy hope you used the landy as the wedding car LOL