new door seals now gap is even bigger!!!!!!&#3

I fitted new front door seals to my 84' 90 yesterday and now the gap is bigger than it was with old seals

The seals are bearmach items from paddocks so I expected them to be decent

there is no play in the hinges and the body cappings all line up the door are lift up handles is there a size difference between lift up and push button doors? or should I have ordered series door seals?

After faffing with aftermarket door seal before, I always go for genuine ones now, you can usually pick them up on ebay relatively easily. I was quite surprised at the difference in quality and rubber of the genuine ones.

Something to note, from memory the older trucks had an extra flange section on the "van" panel sides I noticed this when I swapped mine over from the originals to a new set, this might be causing an issue...

I had this propblem with Bearmach seals. Much of the issue is down to some foam stiffeners in the top corners. If you feel along the tubular part of the seal you will find when you get to eh corners they are no longer hollow but filled with a firm foam pillow. I cut a tiny hole in the seal and used a pinch nose pliers to extract the foam plug from the seal (it slides out pretty easy).. the result is that the tops of the doors fit much more snug now. The genuine 30 year old seals I took off didn't have the stiff corners so I guess they aren't needed!