Will give you a giggle...A SORRY SORRY tale

HOW ONE MAN WAS BEATEN BY THE STARS AND A SMALL PLASTIC CLIP

Off Shopping to Tesco get about 8 mile from home and OH NO clutch starts to feel funny

loosing any grip at all then pedal flat to the floor pull over on some field headland 9.30am

Look in the engine bay master cylinder empty crawl under it and fluid pissing out the bell housing.......Great slave gone less than a year old

MMM RAC recovery me thinks NOOO I can change this quick on the side of the road

So I phones the boy to come out on his Motorbike he arrives 10.30am

I give him the old slave and send him off to Norwich should be a 45 mins each way MAX

He turns back up at 1.45pm with said slave cylinder

Ok under I get and try to re position the push rod and plastic clip arrrrrrrrr I drops the push rod in the housing

In with me fingers gently feel about Could I find it could I hell so phone a car shop 5 mile away "you got one them flexi magnet things" NO...so send the boy home to get a wire coat hanger

I then make a hook and try to retrieve the slippery rod with no joy TWICE I felt it with my finger tips but no rod could I get

So I phone the Mrs drive to Norwich get me a push rod and a plastic clip ...so off she goes

Then god felt sorry for me and a very very very kind man stopped and gave me a huge magnet and a flex rod magnet (must have seen the tears of frustration rolling down my face) .....Keep it he says and waves good by

It is now gone 5PM but I dragged the big magnet on the outside of the housing towards the hole the stuck in the flex one BINGO

Even better it had caught it end on not sideways and it cam straight out YES YES YES he danced and he laughed and yes Ill be mobile in a bit WRONG

Just then the wife turns up with new push rod and plastic clip

5,10,15, 20 mins latter could I get that dam plastic clip back in that hole ....Ok rod is in dish gently gently move the plastic clip and NO NO NO

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GOD Ill do anything just pop in this plastic clip arrrrrrr but now its dark and 6.45PM

OK Do I camp out or RAC home as I give up just then my amazing friend john phone ( A real Maniacal Wizard) Oh don't you worry I can drive that without a clutch back to mine ...on my ramp and Ill do it in the morning for you ......The wizard turns up and off he goes with me landy with those amazing words it will be mended tomorrow

I get home at 7.30 to the shop and a bag full of beer ......Guss what I'm doing tonight

There is a tale of how one man was beaten by a small rod and plastic clip ........

Certainly don't this week had stupid silly little thing after little thing...earlier in the week driving and cough splatter she dies ...fuel gauge says empty so rock it like mad and she starts drive her home sit her on the drive and she dies.....no fuel me thinks but Im sure the needle drops lower than that normally MMMMMMMM.......OK do it tomorrow ......at 11.30 pm gets to much out bed I drive 15 mile in to the city for 2 gallon fuel ...get home put it in and still no start ......lift the bonnet looking for leaks of cracked pipes and BINGO wire on the fuel pump ....when I re wired/sleeved a lot of my harness few weeks before Id put new rubber spade ends on and id pushed it on the pump BETWEEN the rubber and the spade not into the spade ..........fine ever since ...........