cambelt labour costs

3-4hrs the radiator can be removed to do the cambelt, easier access. Some people leave it in.

Once the timing cover is off for the cambelt then the water pump is easy enough.

I.e all the jobs are linked and contribute a bit to the total.

If you were just after the water pump then not such a big job, just a bit of a fiddle around the timing cover and idler

Get a metal P gasket set for your new water pump, it's a useful fit and forget, instead of the red porous version.

All OK unless the long bolts into the cylinder block snap off,you may then need to pay for a couple more hours labour to drill out and fit thread inserts. There is no need at all to remove the radiator,doing so would only complicate the job,leading to more possible problems,there is plenty of room with it in place.

All OK unless the long bolts into the cylinder block snap off,you may then need to pay for a couple more hours labour to drill out and fit thread inserts. There is no need at all to remove the radiator,doing so would only complicate the job,leading to more possible problems,there is plenty of room with it in place.

I've got a scrap 300 rad outside my house..... Rushing to change an injector pump and made a hole in it.... Worst bit is it wasnt a year old.... For the intercooler and oil cooler pipes and a couple of bolts, take thenrad out.