Upgrading diffs, CV joints etc What seals should I replace...

I replaced every one :-) If you go to LR Direct you can buy different qualities of the same part. You need a parts manual to discern which parts will be required for your vehicle. Parts manuals are easily available as is Microcat. I put new swivel balls, wheel bearings and drive members too. You might want to put new discs on if you are taking the hubs to bits.

When I fitted my locker, shafts and cv's I just replaced what gaskets and seals I disturbed - I fitted new stub axle gaskets, drive flange gaskets, replaced the wheel bearings and fitted new hub seals. The rest of mine was in good order so why replace it for the sake of it?

When I fitted my locker, shafts and cv's I just replaced what gaskets and seals I disturbed - I fitted new stub axle gaskets, drive flange gaskets, replaced the wheel bearings and fitted new hub seals. The rest of mine was in good order so why replace it for the sake of it?

That's what I meant, but written in a lot less detail :lol:

I take a good look at the lower kingpin bearing for water marks or pitting. They have a hard life down there where the water settles.

I don't think there is a seal you don't disturb by the time you've done CV's and diff. You might as well pull the stub axel seals and check the wheel bearings for damage, even if you re-fit them :)

If you are changing the diff housing look out for the two different longer studs. I went 24 spline and only realised I was needing two more studs when the diff was back in the hole. Somewhat annoying ;)

What's this about studs then? I didn't notice any issue fitting the 24 spline diff into my early 90 axle

Got the dims Ross?

Red90 that's a neat trick! Anything to be aware of or is it that simple?

TeamIdris, I just pulled the stub axles off to do mine - I didn't disturb the swivels at all