Best wiper blades

Frax

Hi what is the best wiper blades for a Defender, I am not sure what ones I have fitted but they only seam to clear the window on the back stroke and the rubber seams a bit hard, I have seen lots for sale with single blade to three blade types.

Just wondered what you boys would recommend

I bought a set of Sil-blades from MUD which initially were great and on the basis of the cost, I hoped they would last a long time! Sadly they didn't and now need replacing after about the same as cheapo blades! Halfords own brand next time!

Si

I bought a set of Sil-blades from MUD which initially were great and on the basis of the cost, I hoped they would last a long time! Sadly they didn't and now need replacing after about the same as cheapo blades! Halfords own brand next time!

Si

Funny I was gonna say the opposite.... I had a set for quite a long time and never had any problems with degradation. Would buy them again. Maybe they changed something?

Jad

Bosch standard blades for me at the mo. Still cleaning well after a year.

Mo

Ditto, but I have a little trick. You know when the ends spilt,, about 1/4" long,, and then they hve to be replaced for MOT, well I cut off the flappy bit with a sharp knife, and re install them. This stops it fraying any more. then i go and buy a new pair, and store them in the truck, and swop them over at MOT time, and then sop them back after. They last at least twice as long this way, maybe more.