Returning to the fold.

Hi folks,

After 9 whole years since my last 110csw was stolen I have been able to finally rejoin the LR community.

My new steed.

.post-10610-0-33337300-1422303630_thumb.jpg

I am a professional pyrotechnician and the vehicle will allow me the scope to make our lives easier and certainly more comfortable on site. There are a few improvements I need to make from a safety point of view. High level stop/tail/indicators. I have been looking at the combo round led units to serve this purpose and not look massively out of place. Has anyone any experience or recommendations as for products or hurdles I may come across when wiring and fitting? Also as much as I hate it I sometimes need flashing beacons when moving around certain sites and venues due to having explosives on board. I flat refuse to have permanent amber beacons atop my pride and joy so the small strobing led heads seem the best solution for me. I was looking to mount these in the front of the rack and next to the high level lights. Again is there a recommended product or kit I could procure?

My next quandary is scene lighting for de-rigging after a show. Sometimes firing points can cover hundreds of meters and good lighting speeds the process for the crews in often poor conditions. I'm looking at an led flood at the rear but I need something bright with a good throw and spread at the front. Are the Laser light bars worth the money? These seem to offer plenty of light with a less than massive current draw.

I'm also looking at fitting an inverter in the future to run a laptop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I intend to use the Landy for play as well as work hence the roof tent etc. I guess this will be my progress thread as I do bits and pieces.

Thanks for reading/commenting with advice, it's most appreciated.

It's good to be back!

Kris

Thanks -Those Devon4X4 lights look just the job and I may even be able to mount them on the rack for a few inches of extra height to ensure they are visible with the rear door open.

With regards to the strobes on Emergency Vehicle Solutions, i'm a little in the dark. Do they all require a flasher unit or are there some really simple ones that I can feed 12v and they will do their thing? At last years Peterborough show I remember seeing a 90 go into the ring with strobing indicators all round. I have googled and come up blank on this method. I don't think this is suitable for my requirements but I liked the idea for an unobtrusive method.

Thanks,

Kris

Durite 0-442-10 Amber strobes, compact, bright, wide spread and easy to synchronise and pattern with only a 12v feed. I replace the supplied fixing screws with stainless M4 cap heads on the wagons at work.

Will.