90" hard top type.

chuff

If it is from a Station Wagon, it'll have the sliding full size windows and no stiffener. I think that some markets had fixed glazed or semi glazed options, but not the UK - the sides are solid and have a single vertical stiffener. All at that age have the rear windows.

Wasn't it only the County spec which had rear side windows.

And Station Wagon was the designator for the full hardtop "panel van"

Its a fairly recent thing that you've been able to have no windows at each side of the back door.

Hard top: Van, no windows in the side but has the ones in the rear quarters.

Station Wagon: Windows in the sides and the rear quarters.

'County' is just a trim level.

Could be different depending on the market, but when I bought my TD5 in 2005 the hardtop came without windows, but with the option of fixed side windows. No rear quarter windows were fitted to mine.

There was one vertical strenghtening bar on each side.

Filip

Could be different depending on the market, but when I bought my TD5 in 2005 the hardtop came without windows, but with the option of fixed side windows. No rear quarter windows were fitted to mine.

There was one vertical strenghtening bar on each side.

Filip

The op was asking about a 1986 vehicle... 19 years prior to a 2005 TD5.

I can't remember which but the vertical stiffener came in with either the 200tdi or the 300tdi.

Mo

By stiffener, do we mean a vertical box tube running from top to bottom in the middle of one of the side panels?

If so, we have a hard top here from a 1985 90, it has this stiffener on the passenger side, but not the drivers side.

Some great replies! I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices if a stiffener is vertical or horizontal hahaha. I can now safely look for a new pair of horizontal stiffener hard top panels with rear 1/4 lights for my factory 90.

Reason I was confused is that I saw a 14 plate with no rear lights, and some previous inbred has cut holes allover my car so I wasn't sure what was factory for an 85/6.

Adam.